Grant Making Process
Please submit a cover sheet and a letter of inquiry about the proposals. Unless otherwise indicated in the call for proposals, send it by email to “info at umfp.org”
Please include a cover sheet with the following information:
- Information regarding the highlight of the project and who will carry out the work
- Name of your organization
- Name of parent organization, if any
- Name and title of the principal contact person
- Organization’s address
- Organization’s web address (if any), phone number, fax number, and e-mail address
There is no set format, but to expedite the reviewing process letters of inquiry should include the following information:
- A brief statement of the purpose and nature of the proposed work
- The significance of the issue addressed by the project and how the work will address the issue
- Information of the proposed project or work to be done, as detailed as possible
- Information about those who will be helped by and interested in the work and how you will communicate with them
- Amount of funding requested from United Minds for Progress (UMFP) and total cost (itemized and detailed estimates are acceptable)
- Time period for which funding is requested
We will send you an acknowledgment that your letter of inquiry was received. All material submitted becomes the property of UMFP who sometimes may submit inquiries or proposals for confidential outside review.
If, as a result of that review, UMFP concludes that there is no prospect of funding at that time, we will notify you promptly. Inquiries eligible for grant support will be acknowledged upon receipt at UMFP; the review process for eligible inquiries may require additional information and on site research. Also, if the grantees are located outside United States, UMFP is required to clear by the US government before the release of the fund. This process is a result of legislation passed by the U.S. Congress, Executive Orders issued by the President, and suggested guidelines issued by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. A memorandum on this topic is available upon request.
For more information please contact us.